Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm Farming and I Grow It

I came across this video last night and absolutely love it!  I watched it three times, and at that time it only had 97 views. Today at 7:40pm it has over 75,000 views!  It is amazing how fast social media can spread things.

The Peterson brothers did an awesome job highlighting Agriculture in a fun and creative way.  They did a parody of the song, "I'm Sexy and I Know It," by LMFAO. They came up with new lyrics about farming and Agriculture and titled their parody, "I'm Farming and I Grow It."  I also love the K-State and FFA promotion with their t-shirts!

So, who are the boys behind this video that has been spreading like wildfire over the past 24 hours?

Their names are Greg, Nathan, and Kendal Peterson.  The brothers work on their family farm south of Salina, KS and they are FFA alumni of SE of Saline High School.  Greg and Nathan attend K-State and are majoring in Ag Communications and Agricultural Technology Management, respectively.

The brothers did an amazing job promoting Agriculture and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!





July 1, 2012 Update: After six days of this video being on YouTube it has been viewed over 2,557,625 times!! The video and the The Peterson Brothers have been featured on just about every Ag Blog.  They have been interviewed on AgriTalk, a national news program. They were flown to New York City and were interviewed on Fox and Friends, and just about every newspaper in Kansas has written a news story on them. The Peterson Brothers have done an amazing job with all of the attention and publicity.  They have remained humble and they give credit to God for giving them these talents and allowing them to share them with others.

You can follow the Peterson Farm Brothers on Facebook, or you can subscribe to their YouTube channel, and Greg Peterson can be followed on Twitter @gregpeterson33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...