|The image was found here.|
One of my resolutions this year was to do a better job of working on my 101 in 1001. I was inspired by some great bloggers to put my list into action last summer. To see where my inspiration came from you can visit Crystal Cattle's, Brandi Buzzard's, and Melissa Chestnut's 101 in 1001 page on their blogs. I started my list back in June and it has been a little neglected since then. Now that I've been on break from school for a few weeks I've attempted to accomplish some of these goals and I've had some success in doing so. It always feels great to put a goal in the "completed" column!
The 411 behind a 101 in 1001 is that you write down 101 goals and have 1001 days to complete them. I've listed all of my goals on the blog in order to be held accountable by all of you to accomplish them. The goals I've achieved are in orange and the ones in progress are in green. You can see the entire list under the 101 in 1001 tab on the home page of the blog, but I'm going to list a few here and give you an update on the progress I've made so far.
1. Create an About tab
2. Create a Recipes tab
6. Comment on 50 different blog posts [0/50]
Books to Read
10. Why Your Prescription Takes so Damn Long to Fill
11. Finish reading all of Nicholas Sparks' books
12. The Best of Me- Nicholas Sparks
13. True Believer- Nicholas Sparks
19. Make one new recipe a week for two months [1/8]
-Cubed Steak Parmesan 8/05/12
21. Make Adam's Grandma's apple pie recipe
22. Purchase the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook
26. Send 12 Birthday cards on time to family and friends [2/12]
-Grandma Jeanne, Abby
27. Call each of my grandmas once a month for a year
31. Go to a Cardinals game with my brother, Dan
32. Attend 4 of my sister-in-law, Sara's volleyball games [0/4]
33. Attend 12 of my sister-in-law, Jamie's, sporting events [3/12]
|With Adam's sisters after attending Jamie's state |
volleyball tournament in October. Jamie's team placed 4th in the state!
35. Spend a weekend with my sister, Katie, in Manhattan
39. Go to Ireland with my family
43. Donate to K-State [2/2]
-07/09/12-$50 for K-State License plate
-09/09/12 -$64 toward lifetime Alumni Association membership
44. Put $5,000 toward student loans
48. Run seven 5Ks [1/7]
-The Color Run- 07/01/12
|Kari and I after we completed The Color Run.|
52. Complete the 60 days of the Insanity workout
54. Install a water softener
58. Purchase a new freezer
62. Complete three landscaping projects [0/3]
65. See three movies together [1/3]
67. Go to a concert together
68. Create a living will
69. Attend four weddings together [0/4]- this is a goal I hope to accomplish this year. We already have five weddings on the agenda for 2013 so I can only hope for the best. Last year's track record wasn't so good.
|Poking a little fun at Adam here at Martha's wedding in June. All of my friends |
were posing with their husbands or boyfriends, so I said I would do the same
and photoshopAdam in later.
|Attending Jarah and Mike's wedding in September.|
73. Finish the fall 2012 semester with a 3.5 GPA
75. Complete pharmacy school
79. Complete the pharmacy school scholarship application for 2012 and 2013
|With my pharmacy classmates, Nene, Tobi, and Joseph, at the |
80. Create a Facebook page for the blog
81. Participate three times in #agchat [1/3]
84. Meet four of my Twitter friends [14/4]
86. Organize photos
89. Donate blood every 60 days for one year
91. Make 10 Pinterest craft projects [0/10]
92. Complete seven random acts of kindness
95. Clean out my personal and school email and get them down to 100 emails in my inbox.
97. Host a dinner party
98. Watch 5 Disney or Pixar movies
99. Purchase a pair of black exotic cowboy boots.
I've got a long way to go before I can cross all of these goals off of my list, but I'm slowly but surely getting there. I hope you're making progress with your New Year's resolutions. Do you have a 101 in 1001? If you do let me know and I would love to see what goals you've set for yourself for 2013! Good luck in achieving all of your resolutions and goals this year!