Monday, February 3, 2014

Hunk of Meat Monday: BBQ Chicken and Veggies



Happy Monday!

I've got a simple and tasty recipe for you today!


I found this recipe on a blog titled: All Things Katie Marie.

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken and Veggies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low

Ingredients
2  green peppers, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
3 onions, chopped
6 red potatoes, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
4 chicken breasts (I put mine in the crock pot frozen)
1 15 oz can of tomato soup
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 bottle of BBQ sauce



Chop up the green peppers and place in the crock pot. 

This is three onions chopped up. This was going to be too many
onions for me, so I only used half of this amount and put the rest in
the fridge for later use. 

Chop up on red pepper and place it in the crock pot. 
Chop up the red potatoes and put them in the crock pot.

I put the can of tomato soup in the bottom of the crock pot, then
placed four frozen chicken breasts in, then put the bottle of BBQ sauce
over the top of the chicken. 

All the ingredients in the crock pot, cook on high for 4 hours,
or on low for 6-8 hours. Look at all that color!
I made white rice and placed the BBQ chicken and veggies on top of it. 


This meal had great flavor and the chicken was very tender and juicy. Let me know your thoughts if you end up making this meal, I'd love your feedback! 

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...